Saturday, October 27, 2012

Can't. Freakin'. Wait!

I'm getting pretty excited about this time, next year.
I know, I know, not exactly "in the moment" of me. But there is so much to look forward to about this time next year!
I love the fall and the winter and all the jolly holidays in between. I'm soo freakin' excited that next year will be our year of firsts--baby girl's first Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, all the good stuff! I'm currently stalking Baby Gap's clearance rack so I can pounce on some awesome Halloween jammies. Aaaand I may or may not have Christmas jammies already in my cart. (I have a semi-irrational fear that everyone will find them as adorable as I do and that they will sell out FAST.)

Another big excitement factor--we will hopefully be buying a house closer to family and friends next spring/summer. Which to me means one very important thing--HOSTING PARTIES! Granted I'm pretty sure our first house will be tiny, but it's bigger than a 1/1 apartment and therefore, I must host! I love holidays, one and all. Heck, I'd even Americanize/bastardize Bastille Day if it meant celebrating and eating crepes. And I love a good holiday party. I don't mean that in a "politically correct December way," I mean any holiday is cause for celebration to me! Halloween jamboree, Fourth of July BBQ, New Years Eve extravaganza, Christmas cookie and cocoa night--It doesn't matter, I love it.
Holiday specific tablewear--love it.
Pumpkins for decorating from September 26 through Black Friday--love it.
Old school plastic pumpkin buckets--love it.
Green nails in March--love it.
Old Navy Flag shirts in July--love it.
Homemade Valentine's cards--love it.
Christmas presents and midnight Mass--love it.
Baking in November--love it.
Sparkly drinks/dresses on NYE--love. that. shit. (Sorry, getting excited here.)
Now I'm excited for this year!

But seriously, next year--look out! Eric's time off permitting, we will be hosting fiends. People will get sick of all the invitations. The parties swirling around in this head of mine. It'll be awesome. I don't care if it's just a Me Party a la The Muppets with just the 3 of us. Celebrations will be had. You should come!


No comments:

Post a Comment