Tuesday, November 6, 2012

"You come from a long line of sinners like me"

The infamous shirt. I got one of him
standing in front of the American flag instead.
Slightly less scandalous ;)
We got to go to an Eric Church concert on Sunday night and it. was. AMAZING. He is one bad ass guy who puts on a fantastic show! I was especially excited about the big, fun group we got to go with. We loaded up a 15 passenger van (cuz that's how we roll) and showed LA just how fun 5 pregnant ladies can be at a country concert! (The answer: pretty damn). I think the best part of the night, (ya know, aside from Steve getting mistaken for thee Eric Church) had to be this one song. It's one I've always liked but never thought about too much. Well, my little babe was pretty quiet for pretty much the whole show. Not a kick or hiccup or bladder jab to be detected. But once this song started, she went nuts. Just til the end. Then she was done for the night. Since then it's been in my head. I've been humming it to her and thinking about it. In a way, I think I'm going to give this one to her.

Ok, so it's about a guy. Aaand it has two verses devoted to drinking. But the thought behind it has stuck with me. I've always given certain songs to certain times and people in my life. This one made me think about how I hope she feels when she's older. I hope she knows her mama was not even close to perfect. I hope she's not afraid to come to me with her mistakes and problems. I hope she knows I will never expect perfection from her. I mean, this is me we're talking about here. I had to seriously talk myself out of buying a t-shirt that said "Eric Fu*king Church" on it. (I know, sooo ka-lassy, but whatever, it made me laugh and it would've never been seen outside our house.)

We all fall down, I've messed up, she'll mess up. We just do the best we can. I hope when she comes to me with a mistake, I'll remember how to help her through, and also to remind her that we just can't be perfect. She'll "come from a long line of sinners like me."

No comments:

Post a Comment